Monday, November 9, 2009

Cleaning up Messes

My father-in-law called me a few days ago and asked me what I was doing. "On my way to clean up a mess." I replied. "I feel like I'm just a big diaper. That's my job in life--to be a big diaper." So let me start by listing the advantages of being a big diaper.

1. At least I start out white and clean.
2. I'm very absorbent. I have to be.
3. Some people are offended by my job, but I'm easily washable.
4. I help keep the world a little cleaner and less smelly.
5. I get to work mostly with the very immature young, & the incontinent old.
6. At the end of the day I just throw myself in the wash machine.

I'm thankful that I have a wash machine to throw myself into. Its called "Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as snow." No matter how messed up or down and dirty I get, there is always Jesus at the end of the day to wash me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment