Saturday, January 7, 2012

Patsy Manning Part 4

What happened to Patsy. Here is what she said. My real life began that day. I had a hunger for God’s word that has never gone away. I felt that I loved everyone (that lasted for 6 months and then God began to bring people into my life to love) But God continued to draw me and convict me and change me even to the extent that the relationship in my family that had caused so much pain and bitterness was healed that I could truly love this person.

Her relationship with her step mom that had been so difficult and painful, that had estranged her from her father, was healed. She found that God gave her forgiveness and peace and joy. He brought healing to a relationship that no one else could heal.

Now just to give you an idea how deep that healing went, God had also done a deep work in the heart of Patsy Dad and Stepmom so that they had embraced Jesus Christ, and when the reconciliation began to take place, Patsy let her kids begin to spend time with their grandparents. During one of these visits Patsy’s stepmom led her son Bill to that same place of rest at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ.

Disney can create great stories about wicked stepmothers but only God can create true stories about step mothers becoming beautiful mothers and friends.

Two things let me say in closing: Today if you truly wish to put Patsy to rest, the best thing you can do is find your rest in the same place she has found her rest, in her Lord. I’d love nothing more than to talk with you today about finding that rest.

Second, we labor for the moment in our grief and sorrow. It is very hard to think that she is gone. Sometimes the grief will feel like it is going to overwhelm you and that’s OK. Her influence on us has no correlation to her size. She will leave very large shoes to fill behind her. But as a wise woman once told me, grief is like the tide, when it comes it sometimes it feels like it is going to overwhelm us, but when it goes out it leaves lots of little treasures in the sand behind, lots of beautiful memories which you will cherish forever. Let ‘s pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment