Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Soul Felt its Worth

Last night we attended a Sara Groves concert as part of a crisis pregnancy center banquet. Her music, lyric rich and musically intriguing never fails to deepen my soul just a little bit more each time I encounter it. In the context of our culture’s nasty battle over life issues and with the back drop of redemption for several young woman in crisis pregnancies, her music was especially poignant.

I was reminded again why Jesus came and why I’ve been given this message of hope and why I need to be out talking to those who have no hope. Sara quoted from Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night) the words from the first verse. “Long lay the world in sin and error pining, till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.” The last words “The soul felt its worth,” stirred in me again things I too easily forget but should never forget. Remember I am watching pictures and videos of young woman who have believed for so long that they are worth nothing and suddenly Christ enters their lives bringing them to the realization that to God they are priceless. That is worth hearing again and again and never forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment